In the Immerse Outcome “Scripture” assignment seven is titled “Biblical Communication semi-annual Workshops” and is described as follows:
Students participate (in person or online) in the semi-annual workshops facilitated by the Centre for Biblical and Theological Literacy. After at least three of the workshops, students develop a series of sermons or teaching materials appropriate to their ministry context that is based upon the exegesis of a biblical text (the text must be from at least a few chapters long, up to one book of the Bible). Evaluation will take into account student ability to work with and faithfully interpret Scripture.
The following are workshops put on by the Centre.
- Larry Perkins, Ph.D.
- 2013-06 Workshop 1 – Parables
- 2013-11 Workshop 2 – Old Testament Narrative
- 2014-06-04 Workshop 3 – Prophetic Literature
- 2014-11-06 Workshop 4 – Wisdom Literature
- 2015-09 Workshop 5 – General Epistles
- 2016-01 Workshop 6 – Pentateuch and OT Historical Literature
- 2016-09 Workshop 7 Gospels
- 2017-01-26 Workshop 8 – Revelation
- 2019-09 Gospels and Acts
- 2017-09 Wisdom Literature
- Andrew Krause, Ph.D.